Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Proposed Fall/Winter 2011 Schedule

So I've been meaning to post a list of what movies I'd like to see. The way it works is I usually go every weekend to the movies, but I'm also a member of an advance screening website. The number of screenings per month for that will fluctuate. I can go a month and see one or end up seeing five. So I'm going to post...

Date
-What movies I intend to pay to see
-What other movies I may see*
-Movies that I'm only seeing if they are for free*
*I understand some people might take issue with not paying for movies and sneaking into another theater, soooooo.... I won't mention if I do that

Sometimes things work out interesting, for example. If I were to have done one for this week it would've went...

September 9th
Intend to see- Contagion (Steven Soderbergh)
I may see- Warrior (Gavin O'Connor)

Now I ended up seeing Warrior because of a free advance screening on Wednesday and then I payed to see Contagion on Friday. On both occasions I thought about seeing if after I could just go see a movie I missed out on from the summer for free, but I wasn't able to. Now if I had seen Contagion in advance, I'd pay to see Warrior, and then go see whatever movies I haven't seen. Basically I try to do one movie a week and then I may wander around and see what else I could see (and friends of mine know what I mean by "wander around"). Films will of course carry over from past weeks and then of course this all depends if the films I'm interested in are even playing at the same theater. I'm sure you get the idea of the various scenarios. So here is my proposed schedule for September-December.

Ones I have a varying range of interest in that I still haven't seen from this spring/summer (in order of release date and then alphabetical)- Meek's Cutoff, Midnight in Paris, The Tree of Life, Beginners, A Better Life, The Devil's Double, The Guard, The Change-Up, Conan the Barbarian, One Day, Colombiana, The Debt

September 16
Intend to see- Drive (Nicolas Winding Refn)

September 23
Intend to see- Moneyball (Bennett Miller)
May see- Machine Gun Preacher (Marc Forster)
Only if free- Abduction (John Singleton) and/or Killer Elite (Gary McKendry)

September 30
Intend to see- 50/50 (Jonathan Levine)
May see- Dream House (Jim Sheridan)

October 7
Intend to see- The Ides of March (George Clooney)

October 14
Intend to see- The Thing (Matthijs Van Heijningen)

October 21
Intend to see- Margin Call (J.C. Chandor)
May see- Red State (Kevin Smith)
Only if free- The Three Musketeers (Paul W.S. Anderson)

October 28
Intend to see- The Rum Diary (Bruce Robinson)
May see- In Time (Andrew Niccol) and/or Like Crazy (Drake Doremus)

November 4
Intend to see- My Week with Marilyn (Simon Curtis)
May see- Tower Heist (Brett Ratner)

November 11
Intend to see- J. Edgar (Clint Eastwood) and/or Melancholia (Lars Von Trier)
May see- Immortals (Tarsem Singh)

November 18
Intend to see- The Descendants (Alexander Payne)

November 23
Intend to see- A Dangerous Method (David Cronenberg)
May see- Hugo (Martin Scorsese) and/or The Muppets (James Bobin)

December 2
Intend to see- We Need to Talk About Kevin (Lynne Ramsay)

December 9
Intend to see- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (Tomas Alfredson) and/or Young Adult (Jason Reitman)
May see- The Sitter (David Gordon Green)

December 16-18
Intend to see- Carnage (Roman Polanski) and/or Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Stephen Daldry)
May see- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (Guy Ritchie)
Only if free- The Darkest Hour (Chris Gorak)

December 23
Intend to see- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (David Fincher) and/or We Bought a Zoo (Cameron Crowe)
May see- The Adventures of Tintin (Steven Spielberg) and/or Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Brad Bird) and/or In the Land of Blood and Honey (Angelina Jolie)

December 28
Intend to see- War Horse (Steven Spielberg)

I should mention that ALL of the movies mentioned here will be reviewed at some point once they are out on DVD. For example, I watched Everything Must Go (released in May) a few nights ago and as you can see I did an entry on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment