Monday, October 3, 2011

Network TV Winners and Losers

Network TV rarely tends to have anything worth watching with the exception of a few comedies. I'm being slightly snobbish with that comment, but I'm speaking from "the top down." By this, I mean that with channels such as AMC, FX, HBO, and Showtime having such a high quality of programming, very little measures up from ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC. I just finished my viewing of all the new network pilots. I realize that shows can grow, but generally speaking the shows with a good pilot usually (and there are notable exceptions) turn out to be worth your time. Sorry for another entry in the format of a list, but I'd be here until November typing out of my specific thoughts on each one (and little blurbs won't do the good or even bad ones justice). So here they are and I am being generous to adjust for those that don't look "top down" as I do.

ABC
Watch- Revenge
Don't watch- Charlie's Angels, Pan Am, Suburgatory
Still coming this fall- Last Man Standing, Man Up, Once Upon a Time
Still coming this winter- Apartment 23, GCB, Missing, The River, Scandal, Work It

CBS
Watch- A Gifted Man, Person of Interest
Too soon to tell- 2 Broke Girls, Unforgettable
Don't watch- How to Be a Gentleman
Still coming this winter- The 2-2

CW
Watch- Ringer
Don't watch- H8R, Hart of Dixie, The Secret Circle

FOX
Watch- New Girl
Too soon to tell- Terra Nova
Still coming this fall- Allen Gregory, I Hate My Teenage Daughter
Still coming this winter- Alcatraz, The Finder, Little in Common, Napoleon Dynamite, Touch

NBC
Watch- Up All Night
Too soon to tell- Prime Suspect
Don't watch- Free Agents, The Playboy Club, Whitney
Still coming this fall- Grimm
Still coming this winter- Are You There Vodka It's Me Chelsea, Awake, Bent, Best Friends Forever, The Firm, Smash, Who's Still Standing?

I'll update in November and again in January or February.

No comments:

Post a Comment